Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In Cupcake We Stand

When I bought my ticket to the uber awesome Hitched event at the Smogshoppe, I didn't know what to expect. This was my first actual wedding show, and I was clueless.


There was plenty of eyecandy, but the part I was most looking forward to were the Enjoy cupcakes that I'd read so much about! I had a blackberry syrah chocolate cupcake. Seriously, where have you been all my life? As my friends can attest to, I'm allergic (why me???) to red wine. I sort of faint when I consume it. But I can have it in the form of a cupcake!! Did I mention that I'm not a lover of cupcakes? Please don't kill me, but I'm not even that big of a cake fan. So a cupcake's got to have a lot to impress me. Enjoy Cupcake's heavenly cupcakes were moist, not too sweet, and that wine-soaked blackberry on top was just perfect. In the back of my mind, I was secretly hoping for a failure. I wasn't trying to be mean, but they're located in Los Olivos. In case you didn't know, that's sort of REALLY far away. I want another one now, but it's like a hundred some miles away. They will deliver them, but it's $100. A hundred buckaroos for cupcakes!! Yea, I don't have that many buckaroos for cupcakes, but you betcha we are taking a roadtrip the next chance we get!

No comments: